- Falls. These can result in severe brain and spinal cord injuries and multiple complicated fractures, especially when the falls are from heights.
- Being struck by an object. Complicated head injuries, fractures and organ damage also result from being struck by an object.
- Being electrocuted. Construction sites are notorious for hot wires with high voltage.
- Getting caught between two objects. Crush injuries and deaths are matters of fact on construction sites.
Maximize Your Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Whether a worker is seriously injured or dies, the common thread that runs through all four of these types of accidents is workers’ compensation benefits. Workers and their families have rights to those benefits, but many of those people have no idea of how to invoke their rights and avail themselves to the benefits. The insurer of their employer isn’t going to voluntarily pay full benefits unless its compelled to do so. Only experienced and skilled California workers’ compensation lawyers are in a position to maximize workers’ compensation benefits for injured employees.
You Have the Right To a Sacramento Workman’s Compensation Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a serious work-related injury, your life will be negatively and permanently impacted. You’ll suffer permanent impairment, and you might even need to change the type of work that you do. You need to be fully compensated for all of that. There’s no question that the law allows you to retain us as your Sacramento workman’s compensation lawyers in any workers’ compensation claim. Always keep in mind that your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer wants to pay out as little as possible or even nothing on claims. It’s in the business of cashing premium checks to make money. After cashing the checks, the proceeds are invested. That’s when the insurer makes even more money, and that’s how insurance companies stay in business. Our job is to maximize any benefits that your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer pays you.
Notice of Injury and Basic Benefits
You’re required to give your employer notice of your injury. Provide that notice right away, and keep a copy of any written notice. After that, get emergency medical care. Then, call us to arrange for a free consultation and case review. Here are the basic benefits that California workers’ compensation statutes provide for:
- Payment of all reasonable medical bills in connection with the injury.
- Payment of temporary total disability in a sum equal to two-thirds of the injured employee’s average weekly wage in the event he or she is temporarily unable to work.
- A lump sum payment for permanent partial disability if the worker has reached maximum medical improvement and cannot completely recover from the injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation for those who aren’t able to return to their former job
Don’t get hurt again by settling for workers’ compensation benefits that are far lower than what you deserve.
Contact a Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorney, Alice A. Strömbom, focuses exclusively on Workers’ Compensation Law and the rights of injured workers. She is very familiar with the tactics insurance companies use to avoid providing the medical treatment and disability benefits injured workers deserve, and has a recognized track record in combating such issues.
Contact us today for a free, confidential consultation and case evaluation.